frequently asked questions
1. how do I become a member of the robert jones beauty academy?
in order to become a member of the robert jones beauty academy you need to purchase an exclusive robert jones beauty academy membership. memberships are available in three different levels at both a monthly and a yearly price point. to view pricing, features, and benefits, please visit the membership levels page.
2. who is the robert jones beauty academy for?
the robert jones beauty academy features step-by-step makeup tutorial videos by celebrity makeup artist and international beauty author, robert jones. whether you are someone who LOVES makeup and wants to look her beautiful best, are a consultant wanting to gain the glamour knowledge you need to take your business to the next level, or are an aspiring makeup artist, the robert jones beauty academy is for you!
if you would like to become a member and gain full access to course videos, please visit the membership levels page to find the perfect fit for you!!!
3. if I take your courses can I become a certified makeup artist?
yes! in the united states there are no requirements for you to become a working makeup artist, meaning you don’t have to have any state licenses, etc. what that means is, once you learn, practice, and perfect makeup artistry, you can be a full-time makeup artist!
in the robert jones beauty academy there are three levels: apprentice, master class, and working like a pro. robert will take you from the very beginning level and work up to what you need to know as a working makeup artist, such as how to build your makeup kit, how to work with models, agents, and photographers, and how to apply makeup for special events such as weddings and special events.
if you do not live in the united states, we highly recommend you look into what kinds of requirements you need to fulfill in order to become a working makeup artist.
4. what is a certificate of completion and how do I earn one?
as a gold member in the academy there is a certificate of completion issued for each level. currently you can earn one for the apprentice level and the master class level.
all you have to do to earn your apprentice level certificate is:
- watch all the course lesson videos
- take all the course lesson quizzes for each course lesson video
- receive a 100% on each quiz
all you have to do to earn your master class certificate is:
- watch all course lesson videos
- take all the course lesson quizzes for each course lesson video – receive a 100% on each quiz
- submit six eye shape photos to robert for his feedback and approval (you can resubmit as needed): basic, droopy, close-set, deep-set, hooded, prominent, and wide-set eyes
that’s it! once you complete all the requirements you’ll receive a signed certificate of completion in the mail!
5. can I get pro makeup discounts with your certificate?
yes! you can use our certificate to help you secure pro makeup discounts at cosmetic companies such as MAC. we have had many of our members use our certificate to get their discounts, but keep in mind that most of these companies require more than a certificate to give you a discount, such as business cards and other items that show you are or will be working as a makeup artist.
6. is the working like a pro course available?
the entire apprentice level and master class course levels are completed. once you become a member you are granted full access to both courses. the “working like a pro” course is currently being added to. if you are a member you will receive instant access to the pro videos as soon as each one is released. you can click here to view the working like a pro course outline.